Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 41 to 47 of 47

Thread: School Board

  1. #41
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: School Board

    I'm glad I'm not the only one that can tell the majority of the SB and the super are FOS..BTW Counts, they could eliminate 3-4 needless positions at the central office and pay for janitors etc. (they don't make much to begin with) to keep up 3 additional schools a year. Here's a novel idea, send each family in the county a letter where they can choose to either have their taxes raised the amount it will take to build new schools or have their taxes raised the amount it costs to refurbish their schools with the aid of the stimulus money set aside for that same purpose and see which they choose. This county can't afford new schools, plain and simple. Let those who insist it can find the money and foot the bill...and see how far that goes. That's how I see it. Folks shouldn't be asked or forced to pay for or fund something they don't want..last I checked this place was still a democracy.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  2. #42
    Inactive Member simple man's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2008
    Posts
    1,001
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: School Board

    Anybody know if Perry has any kids in our system? I wonder sometimes if having children in a school system you are helping run is a good or bad thing.
    We'll keep the lights on for you.
    Spuds

  3. #43
    Inactive Member Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 27th, 1999
    Posts
    1,019
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: School Board

    Quote Originally Posted by simple man View Post
    So DC has 6 high schools? :laffingassoff:And I didn't read the whole thread, so I used the post where you didn't mention general upkeep- still, everything that hooks to a wire just went up 50%. The boilers in the old schools are cheaper than what would go in the new ones.

    Sweet Jesus can you not read??????

    "in the case of DC 3 to 1"


    IDK what will end up happening but to think that that Wise Co. can keep things running as is is not logical and honistly I am getting to the point that I hope that they do nothing just to see how bad things can get

  4. #44
    Inactive Member Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 27th, 1999
    Posts
    1,019
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: School Board

    Quote Originally Posted by sup-rbeast View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that can tell the majority of the SB and the super are FOS..BTW Counts, they could eliminate 3-4 needless positions at the central office and pay for janitors etc. (they don't make much to begin with) to keep up 3 additional schools a year. Here's a novel idea, send each family in the county a letter where they can choose to either have their taxes raised the amount it will take to build new schools or have their taxes raised the amount it costs to refurbish their schools with the aid of the stimulus money set aside for that same purpose and see which they choose. This county can't afford new schools, plain and simple. Let those who insist it can find the money and foot the bill...and see how far that goes. That's how I see it. Folks shouldn't be asked or forced to pay for or fund something they don't want..last I checked this place was still a democracy.

    You know at this point I hopw Wise Co keeps all there schools as is FOREVER (I think that they diserve exactly that)

  5. #45
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: School Board

    Quote Originally Posted by simple man View Post
    Anybody know if Perry has any kids in our system? I wonder sometimes if having children in a school system you are helping run is a good or bad thing.

    He has a daughter that graduated in 2005.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  6. #46
    Inactive Member simple man's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2008
    Posts
    1,001
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: School Board

    Quote Originally Posted by Counts View Post
    Sweet Jesus can you not read??????

    "in the case of DC 3 to 1"


    IDK what will end up happening but to think that that Wise Co. can keep things running as is is not logical and honistly I am getting to the point that I hope that they do nothing just to see how bad things can get
    The post I made said I just read the 1 post. You might as well laugh, cause you get so defensive. With the big laughing guy rolling around on the ground, I figured you figure this is just a chance to mess with you. And you will have to admit the price of electricity has gone up. Wise CO will never move till something forces their hand.
    We'll keep the lights on for you.
    Spuds

  7. #47
    Inactive Member Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 27th, 1999
    Posts
    1,019
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: School Board

    Quote Originally Posted by simple man View Post
    The post I made said I just read the 1 post. You might as well laugh, cause you get so defensive. With the big laughing guy rolling around on the ground, I figured you figure this is just a chance to mess with you. And you will have to admit the price of electricity has gone up. Wise CO will never move till something forces their hand.
    You are 100% right the price of electricity has jumped BIG Time makeing just keeping the lights on a good chunk of money

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •